Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2021

I’m Not Fake

One of my primary love languages is words of encouragement. It always fascinates me how people respond to this love language. Maybe “fascinates” is the wrong word. In all truth, their reactions often dishearten me. I feel like the majority of people don’t have the capacity to accept my encouragement. Perhaps, their lack of self-esteem hinders them. However, their furrowed brow might have more to do with trusting my sincerity. They see my words as fake and hollow. Who could possibly be that life-giving when we live in such a cynical world? My words of encouragement will at times fall flat because the hearers simply fails to believe I’m sincere. 

This hasn’t stopped me from encouraging those in my circle of influence. Even if they roll their eyes, I will continue to highlight and elevate their unique beauty. The love from God always overflows, so I am diligent to also love friends, family, and colleagues. I know it won’t always be received. I know people might question my sincerity. I hope my encouragements don’t always fall on deaf ears. I hope I can, even in a small way, battle the propensity to remain jaded. I want people to see their worth. I will speak it into existence!

1 comment: