Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

40 Years

I turn 41 in less than a month. I have been reflecting about all the ups and downs experienced in this 40 years of life. I can’t help but consider the Biblical significance of the number 40. The Israelites wandered the desert for forty years, then eventually came to Canaan. This was the promised land. Moses sent spies into the land and received two reports. One entered with confidence and courage, and the other with dread. I want to enter my 40’s with a bold spirit, expecting great things.

I also connect with Jesus’s wrestle with Satan in the desert. I have now, just recently, recognized that Satan has been using scripture to condemn me. The devil will use God’s word out of context to send God’s people into a relentless circle of shame, never able to find rest. Always grasping and never living within the finished work of Christ. I am learning to recognize the enemy’s tactics. I am learning to silence the lies. After Jesus fasted for 40 days and after He was tempted, He went out in the POWER of the Spirit. I want this for my 40’s. I don’t want to settle for a false gospel with no power! I want to witness to the glory that resides inside me. I want to overflow with love and be an expression of joy and grace.

This past year has had its hardships, but overall I feel like I am living my best life. I’m ready to welcome my next birthday, hoping for all things good and pure!

No comments: