Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 05, 2022

The Winter is Past

 God gave me a perplexing word for this winter. It is from the Songs Of Solomon 2:10-13.

My beloved spoke and said to me,
“Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me.
See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.”

The perplexing aspect of this word is glaringly obvious. The winter is just beginning in my area of the world. It's cold and windy. The trees are bare. No flowers. However, when God led me to this section of scripture, I knew instantly what He was teaching me. Don't trust your circumstances. Don't look to what is seen. God is already starting to take my eyes off my anxieties and worries, and direct them to His gaze. In the midst of winter, I am feeling more confident and less breakable. He can sing over me and carry me to the warmth of His embrace. The winter is fleeting and no longer something I should dread.

No comments: