Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A Promise of Peace




I had two friends tell me that they were thinking of me; they both said God gave them the verse Isaiah 26:3 for me.

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

Like a good Christian, I needed context. If I study a verse, I study the entire chapter along with it. Even though the chapter is a promise for hope and future justice, it left me discontented. I knew God was wanting to teach me something, but I was afraid He wanted to teach me something I wasn't ready or able to learn. Therefore, I've been reading and rereading this chapter, trying to come to some solid conclusion. 
Finally, I found the peace God was yearning to give me. Trust. Trust that His righteousness will be known. Trust that His people will be exulted. Trust that Jesus has conquered the grave. Trust that the Gospel is the hope of the nations. When I hold onto the reality of the goodness of God, I forget all despair. When I trust that He is good, I no longer struggle with weariness and defeat. 
My perception of God is significantly changing. As I mature, I realize He is able to purify and consecrate a weak people. When they trust and lean upon Him, they find a peace that passes all understanding. They find a peace that will awaken the nations to the goodness of God.
Isaiah 26 feels exceptionally relevant due to the uproar in our world today. It feels like the very fabric of society is being torn into shreds. As I read Isaiah 26, I am reminded that God will fight for righteousness. He will raise up those who are cast down. He will punish the evil nations, so that they might learn righteousness. This is the desire of our souls. I am thankful that the God I trust is giving me this promise. A promise of peace.

No comments: