Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Unity or Disunity





This blog is stream of consciousness. Sorry if I loose you. Really wanted to get my thoughts down without worrying too much about form and clarity.

I am extremely content in my relationship with God, but find myself disheartened by His people. I never know how to respond when His people act negatively toward each other. Please pray that I would learn the proper response. Currently, I just feel a deep inward pain, similar to betrayal.
Disunity may look like judging, it may come from immaturity, it may come from ignorance, and it may be pure hate. I know Jesus desires unity. He can work miracles when Christians come together with one mind, one heart, and one faith. I know there are other Christians who long to witness the sweet results of unity, but I fear that disunity is far more common.
I don't want you to miss hear me. I have numerous friends who treasure community and work hard to maintain the unity of the Spirit. However, I also know people who stir up contention and seem to thrive while bickering. Honestly, most of our disputes seem so trivial in light of what can be gained by laying our lives down for one another. God has given us His Spirit, and we can come together.
Even as I write this, I realize I am using my position as a child of God to ridicule practices that I feel are detrimental. I am using my voice to speak out against disunity. Someone might take offence. Someone might feel like I am attacking people. This blog post might also cause a rift even though I write it with the best of intentions. It's heartbreaking that I live in a broken world. If I could just release my bitterness, perhaps I might overcome the darkness of dissension. When I see Christians bickering with one another, I feel bitter. I need to learn how to respond in love instead.
How do you deal with disunity? Does your heartbreak as well? Help me. Give me some direction.

No comments: