Search This Blog

Saturday, November 07, 2020

Creation's Poetry


The heavens tell of the glory of God;
And their expanse declares the work of His hands.
Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out into all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
In them He has placed a tent for the sun,
Which is like a groom coming out of his chamber;
It rejoices like a strong person to run his course.
Its rising is from one end of the heavens,
And its circuit to the other end of them;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

This scripture verse is one of my favorite Psalms. It's brilliantly poetic, such a beautiful expression of Jesus's love for His people. Awhile back, I received a personal prophetic word using this very scripture. I was told that God's love for me is like the sun. Jesus "rejoices" over me like the sun rejoices to run it's course. I love this verse and that prophesy, but I also felt like there was more to the prophesy. A few days ago, I was enjoying a glorious Indiana sunset. As I was considering this verse once more, the Holy Spirit asked me a simple question.

"Tamara, what color is the sunset?"
"It's red, orange, and yellow," I replied.
"No, Tamara! What color is it?"
"It's red, orange, and yellow." I repeated.
"No. Tamara, what color is the sunset?"
I realized I wasn't giving Him the answer He wanted, so I just asked Him.
"I don't know. What color is it?"
"It's peach. Peach colored." He replied.

I flushed red at feeling His love for me. I couldn't help but smile and let out a laugh. After a few minutes passed, I denied it could even be true. No, God doesn't love me that much to give me a personal message in the sky. Coloring the sunset peach colored just for me. I kept thinking it wasn't peach colored. I must be silly. But, I couldn't deny it. I kept looking at the sunset, and it was indeed peach colored! I was just astounded. He loves me in such unique ways. He is a bridegroom rejoicing to run His race. Isn't He the sweetest! There are so many glorious expressions of His love through His creation. Swoon!

1 comment:

riTa Koch said...

Loved this! Reminds me of a favorite Zephaniah 3:17 and the image of Him singing over me.