Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2019

Up and Coming



WOW!!! Something is moving in the Spirit. I always get excited before Palm Sunday, and this year is no different. God is close, very close. I am aware of His presence with little effort on my part. He is revealing Himself with little restraint. I can hear Him say, "I am going to prove my love for you!" Such a powerful word when it is matched with my faith. I believe Him. I believe He is ready to express His love in extravagant fashion.
As I reflect on my brokenness and my pain, I am more aware of his faithful love and covenant. Pain that I thought would never abate, now feels like a tiny sliver quickly removed.
Even though God is surrounding me with such amazing people, He is also cementing that He is my only true love. I am learning to love others as He has loved me. This is why God is reaching into the darkness of my soul and shining His light. He is preparing me to love others who think they have no hope. The enemy is a liar. There is HOPE. God is good and He will make everything new. He will wash us clean. He will go beyond our limited expectations. I am so in love with Jesus. More so each day.

Beyond that long expression of gratitude, I want to update you. I graduated Taylor with a theatre degree in May 2018. Since then I have had numerous opportunities on stage and off stage. I always wanted to use theatre to introduce others to Christ. I am now getting that opportunity. I wrote a play that places Biblical characters in a modern day interrogation room. The interrogator is set on condemning these men and women, but a lawyer is fighting for their release. It is a classic example of good vs evil. I am super exited. I didn't just write this play, I also get to direct it! Please pray for this endeavor! I am also currently stage managing a show, then I will assist in a production of Shrek Jr, the musical in the summer.

No comments: