Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2018

God Moves


This final semester of my college career is filled with beauty and wisdom. I am currently in a historical play about Christian who risked their lives to end the Nazi regime. I will be presenting a staged reading of an original play written by me, which addresses the evils of abortion. Instead of taking two more semesters of Greek, I was given permission to do an intensive study of Ephesians (my favorite Epistle). This semester is full of opportunity and challenge; I am grateful for the experience.
I feel far more prepared for a career in the arts. However, there is a hunger that has been suppressed during my college years, which is resurfacing now that graduation is coming. When people ask me what I want to do after graduation, I answer with my career goal: "I want to join an organization committed to justice, create a script to perform, present that play and raise money and awareness of the organizations's endeavors."  This is an honest answer because this is assuredly my goal. However, I have another more compelling answer that I don't always share. When someone asks what I want to do after I graduate, I should respond, "I want to pray again." I miss the wholeness I feel when I pray and worship in community. I made the decision to leave Fort Wayne, Indiana so I could gain a degree. It was a hard decision because I had to leave my spiritual community. I attempted to find a spiritual community in Upland, but never felt like I belonged. Now as I am considering graduation, I realize it is indeed possible for me to return to Fort Wayne and commit to building a house of prayer in our community. I have more confidence that God wants His people to commune with Him. Honestly, even though I knew I needed to attend college, my college career feels more like a detour. I don't regret my decision to attend college! I can't even describe how much I have been changed for the better. However, as this time come to a close, I feel a great expectation in the Spirit for the fulfillment of promises. He is a restorer, and I am ready to sing and talk with my first love again.

No comments: