Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

On The Water




I feel like Peter, walking on water. I am in a tumultuous period of my life. I have no center, no foundation. It isn't normal to walk on water in the middle of a storm. It takes miraculous vision, a seed of unbreakable faith. I fear drowning more than I trust His hand will reach out to save me. I am humble enough to admit that I am nervous, worried, scared, and sinking.
I await salvation; I pray for confidence. My flesh is weak, but my Spirit is willing. I want to have an unsinkable soul. A fervent, solid hope. I want to be bold on the splashing waves. I want to keep my eyes fixed on Him. Yet, my body quakes and shivers from fear.
I pray that my weak self will find resilience in the next month. I want to be a shining example of a devoted disciple. I want to fight the enemy of my heart. I want to be the warrior God has called me to be. I don't want to hide in the shadows, fearing what may come. I want to walk on the water to the embrace of my holy Lord.

No comments: