Search This Blog

Monday, April 04, 2016

Hungry



Spiritual hunger is painful. I am thirsty for God's presence. I am sick of counterfeits. I know God's presence never leaves me. I understand that His Spirit resides in me. I wish I could position myself in a manner that makes His presence more real, more tangible. I am in love with Him, so I ache when He feels distant. I don't have time to nurture our relationship because I am distracted by necessary things.
However, it comforts me that I can't hide from Him. Nothing I do will separate me from Him. I will commit to give Him more of my time, more of my heart, and more of my breath.
I feel like I don't have an extravagant community. I have friends and events, but God's name is rarely mentioned. This is strange since I am attending a college that is intentionally spiritual. They have a chapel service three times a week. I think there is a Christian community on the campus, but the community approaches God vastly different than I do. I can't tell if God wants me to reform my ways or simply accept the painful spiritual hunger.
I will remind my heart that God never leaves me, never forsakes me, and fervently seeks my attention. Pray that God gives me a community that encourages my crazy love!

No comments: