Search This Blog

Friday, January 01, 2016

Repenting of False Perceptions

I made it so far. I have a clear mind. I love having control over my faculties. It is truly a gift from heaven.
I have a testimony. I am found in the love of God. It is the only love that doesn't waiver. It is the only love that is constant and unconditional. The enemy doesn't want people to understand the love of God. The enemy does everything in his power to deceive us. He wants us to believe that God is vindictive, untrustworthy, and unforgiving. I spent most of my life believing lies about the character of God. After suffering through these false perceptions, I am now overwhelmed by the truth of His goodness.
I am repenting of those false mindsets. I am asking forgiveness for all the times I misrepresented God's nature. I will address one specific wrong I have done.
I didn't honor the Spirit's presence. I prayed as if I were an orphan who had never experienced the love of God. I begged for Him to come near, when He was right beside me. I'm sorry for not acknowledging the presence and goodness of God.
I am more in love now. I know I have more to learn, but I can see with clear vision. I love God and He loves me. This is who I am and this is who I will be.

No comments: