Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Like It Was

Lately, I have craved how it used to be. I remember how hot my love for God use to be. I remember feeling Him near and loving Him for His ways. I consider 2005-2007 as my best spiritual years. The Bible says we move from glory to glory, but often I feel like my best glory is left back with those fruitful two years. I sang to God, I danced with God, I knew God, and I loved God.
Before I went to take a nap this afternoon, I asked God for a dream. Not just any dream. A dream like the previous dreams, where I intimately encountered Jesus. I didn’t have much faith that it would happen, but I had the desire that it would happen. And it did. I won’t share the whole dream because it is for me, but I will share this: today is my best day. That feeling of distance is gone. My love for Him is hotter than it has ever been. He is so incredibly good that it astonishes and arouses me.
I’ll share three aspect of the dream. Jesus washed my feet! This is romantic because I have never had my feet washed and desperately want my feet washed. That isn’t something you ask of others. “Will you wash my feet?” It needs to be on their own initiative. Having a towel, water, and Jesus’s hands on my feet was mesmerizing. He made me smile, and my appreciation for Him grew exponentially.
Second, I saw Jesus groaning to return. He was begging Father God to return to the earth so He could be near me. Talk about overwhelming a human girl! Seeing His hunger to return confirmed my suspicion: Father God has the final say about the return of Jesus, but Jesus’s intercession will influence the decision! I know Jesus’s return is soon because His desire is ever increasing.
Finally, I saw billions of stars and was reminded that God’s thoughts toward me are as numerous as the stars. This is a recurring symbol in my dream life. I always see stars in my Jesus dreams. They are a symbolic representation of God’s ardent love for me.

Today is the best spiritual day!

No comments: