Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Engagement

"These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught."

Did you learn how to worship in a church setting? Did your parents teach you the lyrics to Amazing Grace? Did you learn to raise your hands because you mimicked those around you? Is your worship second-handed. I would suggest that you enter into worship without rules, without preconceived postures. Corporate worship requires structure, but our intimate times with the Lord are untaught. They come from the purity of discovery. Submit your heart to God and He will lift you to untapped realms of glory.
We must be His. We must own our worship. We will be accountable, if it isn't true and heart felt. We must deliver ourselves from empty words and vain repeatition. Worship is an engagement.

No comments: