Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dog Days are Over



Recently, the book of Haggai is taking on new life.
Haggai 2:9
The latter glory of this house will be greater than the former,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘and in this place I will give peace,’ declares the LORD of hosts.
I often thought the affection I felt in earlier days would never reignite in my heart. I thought the "glory days were over" and the "dog days" were here to stay. However, recently a greater glory is manifesting. I can envision more and more friends and family embracing the life of intercession. I can envision my heart healing and finding satisfaction in God alone. I feel like a bride again. The one who has His affections. I want to dance, sing, and rest in peace. Those horrific encounters seems like a small dint in my armor. I still have a sharp sword and a faith to move mountains.
Haggai 2:19
Even including the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree, it has not borne fruit. Yet from this day on I will bless you.
Those hurts that robbed my worship are fading. They seem like a lingering mist that will disappear when the sun battles it. I am an overcomer.
Haggai is ONLY 2 chapters. You should meditate on it sometime this week. I'll make it easy for you: here is the link.

No comments: