Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Creation Walk

Winter is lurking behind the corner. I am making every effort to enjoy the weather before the green grass is stifled by snow and the trees are left bare. I took a delightful early morning walk today. I looked for details and enjoyed the abundant wildlife (limited to birds, ants, and squirrels).

A man with bright red hair passed me on a bike. I observed that I had never seen such bright red hair before. After he passed, I looked down at the sidewalk to see grass peeking through, which had a red tint to it. I had never noticed the grass's red tint and I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't encountered the redhead. It reminded me of a scripture passage.

"For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." Romans 8: 19-23

I had another encounter during my walk; God speaks in abundance to those who watch and listen. Some rain clouds were still lingering in the air. However, the sun rose above a rain cloud and displayed its full brilliance. As the sun made an appearance, I walked past a large collection of pink and white flowers. I heard the spirit whisper, "This is God's bouquet for His bride." Another passage came to my memory.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat." Psalms 19: 1-6

No comments: