Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Faithful to the End

Yesterday I told God: “you need to pursue me because I have no strength left to pursue you.” Only a few hours later, I got a phone call from my friend, Joy. She told me about a skit she was writing. The skit was about a bridegroom pursuing a bride who wasn’t interested in him.
This is the gospel! God loved us before we loved him. When I am at my weakest, my Lord cries out for my strength. When I am oppressed, He bears that oppression. God comes after us with faithfulness. Even when we fail Him, He remains constant. His love is everlasting.
I feel ugly. I feel unlovable. I feel ungrateful. I don't have the strength to love like God does. It shames me, but His unfailing love is also my comfort and my joy.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Sounds like something I did this morning. Enjoyed your blog. Maranatha!!