Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Horrible Child!!



Today I felt like the Lord wanted me to bless a young man with some money. I had some cash in my wallet, but the reality is I am broke. That money was already designated for food. I couldn’t follow through on His request. I kept the money in my pocket like a miser. As I drove away, I beat myself up. I yelled in the car, “God, I am terrible. You weren’t even asking that much of me! You have provided for me and been gracious time and time again. I am a horrible child!”
This rant continued into the grocery store. I grabbed some milk and bread, all the time feeling like a greedy thief. I begged God to redeem the situation. I walked down one of the aisle and a sweet lady posed a question.
“Can you help me? I am heading to the hospital and I can’t bend over. I need some apple sauce from the bottom shelf. Can you get it for me?”
Without a second thought, I said yes and placed the apple sauce in her hand. She thanked me like an angel: “That is your good deed for the day.”
God is faithful even when I am a mess. He prepares good works for me to do in advance! Yes, I disobeyed His command earlier, but God redeems those who acknowledge their failure and repent. I wouldn’t suggest disobeying in the first place. I also wouldn’t suggest beating yourself up. Look for opportunities to bless in God’s perfect timing.

No comments: