Search This Blog

Monday, September 05, 2011

Broken

I don’t often cry. It is a rare occasion. Our emotions are priceless and wasted tears are useless. I was surprised when I heard the song, “Nothing” by the Script, I started crying. I don’t drink, but I related to the rejection and the feelings of loss.
Then a sweet female prayed over me this Friday. Her spirit heard the word “broken”. She told me, “God acknowledges that brokenness and those broken places. He will bring the two pieces together and give you peace.” She prayed with more detail, but I don’t care to share the personal details.


As she was praying, my heart swelled. I tried to remain calm and pretend these words weren’t affecting me. However, the mere mention of the word “broken” caused my soul to weep. This specific brokenness is a hidden inner reality that I often refuse to acknowledge. I stubbornly battle this brokenness with avoidence.
My pride spoke: “I am over the hurt. I’m fine. I am a big girl and big girls don’t cry." However, my rationalities hold little power before an omniscient God. He knows our secret trials.


The word that boomed in my soul was “acknowledged”. HE KNOWS! He sees my pain and He has no intentions of hurt toward me. He, as a warrior, will fight until all my tears are wiped away. He is faithful and never leaves my side, closer than a brother.

No comments: