Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Until I Rest


Restless by Audrey Assad is quickly becoming my favorite Christian song. I have struggled with resentment and anger toward God because of some circumstances in my life. However, when I run away from God, I find I have nothing to run toward, nothing to heal the loss in my heart.
God is my only source of peace. Even when we are not on the best of term, He is still my anchor.
In the stillness of the night, when tears are escaping my eyes, His presence rests on my frail body. When I face the darkness, I remember He shared a similar pain in Gethsemane. Jesus submitted even when Father God's plan seemed brutal and unfair.
When the world shatters my sensitive soul, He speaks of unrealized wonder, which will be found in His kingdom. When I try to yell at Him and rebel against Him, I encounter those eyes. That look of gentleness, power, and an unrelenting pursuit. There is a secret place of escape, when chaos is all around, His promise remains. He is the One who rescues me and He is my resting place.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29

No comments: