Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Is Jesus Shy?

For a description of the personality types, you can visit this LINK.

Who hasn’t taken a personality test? Are you a choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic, or a sanguine? I wonder about the temperament of Jesus. From my study of the gospels, I have come to the conclusion that he was a melancholic when dealing with crowds, a choleric when dealing with the Pharisees and religious leaders, and a sanguine when hanging out with His disciples. He is a phlegmatic, as he sits on his current heavenly throne, completely content and affectionate.

I personally like the shy Jesus: the Jesus who avoided the crowds, the Jesus who asked that people not speak of his miracles, the Jesus who chose to be intimate with only a few disciples while on earth, the Jesus who withdrew from everything to pray on a hill. I have always envisioned Jesus in a melancholic manner. Of course, this is only conjecture. He might be more flamboyant like those silly sanguine types (that is my personality type by the way.)

How about the blogosphere? What personality type do you attribute to Jesus?

No comments: