Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

White Robes

I think clothing is an art form. I love buying clothes that are artistic and unique. I told Jesus I wasn’t looking forward to wearing white robes for all eternity. White is the color of purity and we will be spotless before Him. However, I think it would be more entertaining to wear a rainbow or be clothed in clouds. I would like to wear something I can’t find on this earth, not white robes.

Then God reminded me of this precious verse:
Hallelujah!For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure"— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

These white robes are garments of righteousness. How would you like to waltz down the catwalk wearing “generosity”? I personally would love to meet Jesus covered in "sacrificial love". Some of my friends will wear “orphan justice” robes. I don’t think you will find those brands in Old Navy!

No comments: