Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Tongues

I believe in tongues. Tongues have paved the way for supernatural encounters in my life. I have a distinguishable prayer language. My prayer language owns a familiar sound. I believe all prayer languages can be distinguished from other prayer languages. Christians are granted a unique sound in tongues.

My prayer language consists of lullaby sounds and soft consonants. It isn’t intimidating. It sounds comforting and forgiving. It is easy to sing in tongues because my prayer language is melodic.

However, my prayer language recently changed. One night, I was praying in tongues and I noticed an obvious transformation. My consonants were harder and the sound could be described as Middle Eastern. I am wondering if I am praying in a known language now. I must admit, I like this prayer language more. It is more commanding and confident.

I never thought my prayer language would change. However, it has obviously happened. I am curious, why now? Has anyone in the blogosphere experienced a similar change in your prayer language?

No comments: