Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

Every Easter Sunday, my spirit is more vibrant and ready to celebrate. Today I feel accepted and loved, more so today than any other day. The weather is gorgeous, and the church pews are full. I wore a fancy dress and wore makeup, which is a rarity. My congregation shed tears of joy, danced in the love of God, and celebrated the ageless resurrection message. At the end of the service, I lingered.


My entire body was bursting with joy, thankfulness, and resurrection power. It is hard to leave such an atmosphere of worship. I never want holy week to end (and I suppose it never actually does). God’s presence follows us wherever we go. His resurrected body is in heaven today, receiving the praise He deserves.

This Easter I was confronted with the preciousness of church. I know skeptics believe the organized church is all about religion, spiritless activity, and dead tradition. However, this perception is contrived by the devil himself. Church gatherings are full of hope, love, and faith. I share a sacred faith with a community of believers who are changed by the man of love.

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

Happy Easter, Peachy!!!