Search This Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2011

New Creation




God never changes; however, His people experience a perpetual state of flux. My personal reformations frequently occur . Last year, I had a victim mentality. This year, I am more than a conquer. Next year, I will probably be a mix of both.

My most recent transformation was dramatic . I am note quite comfortable in my new skin. I look in the mirror and don't recognize my reflection. I love the change. I am a better, wiser person. However, the change is foreign and awkward.

I have an identity that is constantly rearranging itself. My standards change. My dreams and aspirations change. My relationships change. It is a supernatural work of the Spirit that I can't explain or properly describe. I see the undeniable evidence of a radical shift that can only be connected to a force more powerful than myself. Past triggers, those issues that once caused great and unquenchable pain, seem like such small matters now.

My advice? Don't fear change. God is in the business of making a glorious new creation! Your new creation will be more beautiful than you will ever imagine.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

No comments: