Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

It Wasn't My Idea



The enemy is uncomfortable when we speak about the attractive Lord and our bridal idenity. I want to plainly state: it wasn't my idea. I didn't watch a romantic movie and think: hmm I wonder if God loves me like the hunky boy in that teenage love story. I didn't wake up lonely and have only one way to survive: let's create an image of God as a flawless boyfriend. It will save me heartache. That is not how it happened. The Bible was written before I was born and it still speaks DIRECTLY to my love craving.

God IS love. It is an external truth until it becomes an internal reality - when you are born again (John 3:3). That is what scripture screams. However, it makes no sense to our frail soul! The enemy wants us to disbelieve it. We fight this love more than we celebrate it.

All creation craves the love of God. Once Jesus's holy love is revealed, it is impossible to resist. The world’s gods are too stoic to be embraced. Most religions suggest god is a force, a stoic feeling, or a moral teacher.

Christianity is a love story. God meets girl. Don’t believe me? I understand. It isn’t something our brains grasp. But, our spirits long for this simple, beautiful truth. Admit it; you are intrigued. God is intigued as well. He isn't mad. He smiles at you.

He screams, "I LOVE YOU!" No arguement will prevail against His affection. Trust me, I know how to argue! He wins eveytime.

No comments: