Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Guarding My Asking

There are many theologies about prayer. I am a student of prayer and have submitted to various techniques and disciplines. I have many friends who call me "a person of prayer". The truth is I have seasons of intense, fiery prayer and I also have moments of dullness and unbelief.

I think the secret to my prayer life is my ability to guard my requests. I don't just come before the throne and toss up haphazard requests and praises. I don't repeatedly ask for the same thing. I only bring those request that I consider worthy of God's ear.

I think repetitive asking is biblical. This is supported in scripture, but it is not the only model. There are moments when I guard my prayer life. There are prayers I only pray when the moment is sacred and inviting. God has millions/trillions of request that come before His throne. I want my prayers to be original and special to His heart.

No comments: