Search This Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Give Me, Give Me

"Or what man is there of you, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent? If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father Who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give good and advantageous things to those who keep on asking Him!"

I often doubted this verse. I would ask for something and it would never happen. However, now I realize God DID answer those prayers ("just not the way I was expecting").

I have asked God for restored friendships and now I have Facebook. I have asked to meet David Krumholtz and he is accessible through CBS's web page and Twitter. I have asked to reach out to orphans in Africa and found various reputable foundations that support the poor.

The world wide web is an answer to numerous prayers! I can't complain when I pray anymore because I know most prayers are answered when I connect to the Internet. The only prayer this vast empire can't achieve is bringing my Jesus back to the earth. Still waiting for that app!

God I ask for a stone; the rock of my Salvation. :)

No comments: