Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Bad, The Good, and The Old



Now that I am approaching the age of 31, I see the world in a completely different way. I no longer understand teenagers, children are a mystery to me, and I have more in common with ladies with white hair.

I actually look forward to losing my beauty and my graceful way. When my outer beauty fades, my inner beauty shines. I no longer spend hours in front of the mirror, like I did when I wanted to be an actress and a singer. I no longer hate sitting at home with my parents, watching a movie, eating popcorn loaded with butter, and no boy asking for my number.

Ugliness is a gift from God and I embrace it.

Isaiah 53:2 (Amplified Bible)

For [the Servant of God] grew up before Him like a tender plant, and like a root out of dry ground; He has no form or comeliness [royal, kingly pomp], that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him.



No comments: