Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Give and Take

I have numerous dreams and I am ridiculously ambitious. I chase after lofty goals and fall in the mud. I feel shame and embarrassment as I wipe the dirt off my face. However, the house of the Lord is never taken from me.

His presence goes with me. He stays there when I miss my three-point basketball shot. He is there when I am lying on a bed on a psyche ward. He is there when I get a bad grade on a test. He is there when I give up everything I want and crave.

When I remind myself of this glorious mystery, named Christ, I realize I don't lose anything. He redeems everything I lose and returns it 7 fold. Danger, destruction, and death rarely scare me. He faced it and He now has the victory. Jesus is the hope of the nations.

No comments: