Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Reputation Warfare

I had a dream last night. I’ll share the dream and then try to interpret it to the best of my ability.

The dream started in Russia. There were Americans living there who were commissioned to infiltrate a section of Russia that was off limits. A few of them made it to this fenced off area, but they were immediately discovered. The dream cut to Putin vowing that America would face ramifications for this betrayal of trust. Putin started to use propaganda, saying that this SMALL infraction was justification for nuclear war. His propaganda was accepted by other European countries, including countries that were previous loyal to America. Right before the dream ended, it was apparent that America was far more vulnerable to attack.

I don’t think this is a prophetic dream about the Russian and American conflict. I often have dreams about warfare, but they are rarely about actual land war. My war dreams are usually an analogy for something else.

This dream feels like an analogy for a far more personal situation. The Americans who infiltrated the restricted space represent me (and perhaps some of my friends). There is also an individual, like Putin, who exaggerates my faults and uses these faults to turn others against me. God has shown me there are people in my life who are taking one faulty action and using it to distort my entire identity.

Interestingly, in the dream, the restricted area was nothing to be concerned about. The restricted area was literally a metal fenced area with NOTHING in it. It almost felt like it was set as a trap. “Let’s use this bare, insignificant ground and put a fence around it. Let’s tempt the Americans to infiltrate it, so we have motive to fault them.” These words weren’t in the dream, but the overall intent was evident in the dream.

I can think of two times in my life when people used my weaknesses or missteps to falsely accuse my true nature. The first time it happened, I had no idea other humans could go to such lengths to ruin my reputation. Some of these were my friends. I wasn’t even aware of their gossip and defamation until God miraculously revealed it to me. The second time it happened, I wasn’t as naïve. In both cases, I quickly forgave their assault. Still, I can’t deny that their actions and words caused others to disapprove of me. That gossip (propaganda in the dream) quickly influenced the ears of others. It left me in a dark, lonely, and vulnerable place.

Even though this dream and interpretation seem dark, I am thankful God used this dream to remind me that He knows me. He understands the situation. He knows the wars that wage all around me. He knows my missteps and how they have hurt others, but He also redeems those moments. He will never allow Satan to accuse me or condemn me. Hallelujah!

No comments: