Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Most Joyful Post Ever

This will probably be my most joyful blog post ever. I am truly grateful for the holy community that surrounds and undergirds me. This community’s extravagant love exceeds all my expectations. Due to this consistent love and support, I am only a month from graduation. I will humbly grasp that diploma, knowing I share this victory with others. I couldn’t have accomplished this achievement without Taylor University’s forbearance. They made concessions for my chronic health issues and relentlessly nurtured my talent.

As an example of this elaborate love, I wish to share a testimony. I have been driving the same car for too long. It was reaching its last leg. This was a concern because I knew I would need a reliable car to secure a decent job after graduation. My old car had several idiosyncrasies, which added unneeded stress to my life. The windshield wipers were bent, the windshield was cracked, and the car-locks randomly malfunctioned. I had to use my high beams at night because the low beams didn’t provide enough light. The problem list is longer, but I won’t bother you with the gory details.

I made the decision to take the car into the shop to check a problem, only to discover that the brakes were in terrible condition. Apparently, I was leaking break fluid and didn’t even know it. The cost to repair everything exceeded $1,000. I knew this day would eventually come: the car repairs exceeded the worth of the car. I would be forced to sell my car for parts. The estimation for those parts was a measly $250. Not very impressive numbers for a poor college student who needs a reliable car. I made the decision to sell the car for parts, but then I got an unexpected phone call from the car shop. A man backed his car into my driver’s side door, totaling my vehicle. The insurance paid me $977 for the damages. If that wasn’t enough, the Manning family and Daphna Tobey graciously gave me additional cash for the car as a graduation present. I didn’t even have to go through the laborious task of finding a suitable car. Since I know little to nothing about cars, the Manning family went car shopping for me! I am currently driving a beautifully crafted ride. Now I feel far more able to chauffeur my friends and drive the highways.

While my old car was depreciating, I kept reminding myself to surrender my cares to the Lord. He has proven to be a provider time and again. The Manning family and Daphna own a generous spirit that testifies to the goodness of God. I am thankful for their support and overwhelmed by their consistent love and empowerment. I am thankful to have a car, but I am even more thankful that I have spent these precious years with them. I also want to thank Bill Heth for letting me borrow his car while I transferred from one car to the other. Without that gift, I wouldn’t have completed my practicum hours. I am ready for the next journey. Keep me in your prayers as I transition to the next phase of my life. Please pray for the Bill Heth, the Manning family, and Daphna as well. I want God to heap some major blessings upon them in the coming years.




No comments: