Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

This Morning

Last night we had a required hall meeting. I came early and thankfully I was able to see another dormitory's wing meeting. It was nice to know that I am not the only one on campus who is following the Lord's call. At the meeting, I became very intimidated because my theatre friends were there, plus people who aren't really interested in theatre. It also didn't help that I was surrounded by international students and I could feel like my hopes and dreams were coming true. However, I know there was always a chance that people wouldn't get along. Therefore, as soon as the leader asked us to sign the life together covenant, I didn't hesitate. I know this is a place of safety.
It wasn't easy to fall asleep because I had all these burden and anxieties I couldn't seem to shake. It was a busy day and I didn't leave much time to process. I had to take my medication and fall asleep. When I woke up, I heard my alarm a few minutes later. I got up to turn it off, laid down in bed for a few seconds, then got ready to leave for the day. I always struggle to find something to wear as a theatre student. I know it is important to make a first impression. I had a rough morning, but after a little exercise, I am feeling better. My aerobic walking class is starting soon. I am still drowsy from the morning medication, but as soon as class is over, I'll grab some lunch, head to the Gerigs to clean their house, and then head home to really study.

No comments: