Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Is This Really Happening?

Today was a good day. I had a good walk. The park was full of visitors for the weekend. Knowing full well that Texas is being plummeted with hurricane Harvey, I can appreciate the beauty of my Indiana summer and fall.
My sanity is coming back as well. I still wrestle with strange thoughts and my own fears, but my mind is clearing. I am shocked that classes begin in a few days. My heart is hurting. It isn't that I don't trust God. I do. I know He is drawing me closer to Him. He is removing distraction and worry from my life. He is giving me time to seek Him. However, I also know I will miss my Taylor friends and miss the friendships I could have nurtured. I plan to visit the campus. I have plans to watch the plays. I am just overwhelmed by the past few months. So much has happened. I will be seeing a psychiatrist in a couple days. I always enter the NEC with hope and a plan, but I my requests and plans are often ignored. It is so hard to submit to people who don't know me and who don't share my faith.

No comments: