Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Document

I almost posted a mean meme on Facebook. But, I held my tongue (or rather my fingers). I can become easily frustrated when I am asked to do something beyond my power. When you are in the mental hospital, it is far easier to manage your health because you can focus on getting well. Once you leave the doors, you are given resources, but those resources are not always as quick or efficient as you need. I don't blame the people. I know new regulations are being placed on the system to make it more efficient and less corrupt. I could complain about the restrictions, but if they were taken away I would complain that there are not enough restrictions. The truth: everyone wants to blame someone else.
"I can't refill that prescription without a doctor's approval."
"I can't chose the proper medication until you tell me about your symptoms."
"I can't meet you at that time because my schedule is already full."
"There is too much paperwork. I can't focus on the patient."
I make my own excuses, so I have no right to complain. However, I will document. I can document the truth. I can be honest about how the system is failing me. I might not get my medications on time. Breath in! Breath out! Use my coping skills. The world won't end just because I miss a dose.

No comments: