Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Digging my Way Out



I had a hard morning, but after a blood test and a therapy session, I am more clear. I came home and asked my dad how my mom was doing. My dad plainly said, "She's dying. I don't know if she realizes it or not." It is amazing how her inability to have normal brain function makes her unable to care for her physical health. However, she still laughs and talks to herself like she has been doing ever since I can remember. She has lost a lot of weight and is becoming sedentary. I am so glad I get to come along the journey with her.

Classes are starting on August 29th. I am looking forward to seeing my friends and the new freshman class. I have been more active on Facebook because I have been dealing with disconnection. I felt more like a burden to others, so I rarely reached out. Now I realize that may have hurt people's feelings.

I was unable to help my mother, so I tried to watch some TV with her. Like always. We watched the PBS show called Time Scanners. They studied Herod's masterful buildings and were astonished by the immensity of his temple and mausoleum. It was encouraging me because I find that time in history fascinating. Obviously, Herod was a very wicked man, so I am astonished that he is gaining so much praise from these archaeologist and engineers, but it was still therapeutic to watch. It reminded me how many borders we construct, how many escapes we create, and how many reserves we collect to protect and sustain ourselves. God is teaching me that life is short. He is eager to meet with His children. I don't always understand His ways, but I know they are good and endure forever. It is not easy to have faith when you feel outnumbered and old fashioned, but it is the honestly of my heart. I love Jesus and expect revival.

No comments: