Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2016

Break



I'm currently on Christmas Break. I have plenty of time for rest and reflection. I am astounded by how far God has brought me. I am not the same person. This is a good thing. Not that I was a terrible person, but I dealt with crippling insecurities and fears. Now I have confidence and courage. I recognize when the enemy is trying to rob me of joy, and then I silence the devil.
It is amazing how the things that use to oppressively control me, no longer have sway. I asked for strength, and the Lord supplied. I have overcome in so many ways. The darkness of my past no longer reigns. I am no longer suffocating. I know that there will be trials in the future, but I feel better equipped. I feel free.
My victories are not my own. I live within a Christian community, which supports me even when evil lurks at my doorsteps. I have found stability and comfort. They challenge me. They believe in me. They graciously support me. 
I have suffered losses. I thought I would never heal. Foolish me. God has placed me in a community that stitches my scars. A community dedicated to excellence. A community where I can thrive. 
Graduation was a distant hope. I had little faith that I would ever earn a degree. I am only a few semesters away now. God knew my heart's desire, and He granted my request. I love Him for His many gifts, especially the gift of Himself.
I realize that if I am meant for greatness, I must overcome great obstacles. God is teaching me about endurance and dependence on Him. I might have faced ugliness in my past, I might face it in the future, and I might feel overwhelmed. However, God is a constant companion who sees the enemy's schemes...and He defeats that wretched snake in time.

No comments: