Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2016

Massacring Fear



I now know that fear is truly the silent crippler. It robs you of your true identity, robs you of potential. You may not even recognize you are experiencing fear. I know I wasn’t cognizant of it. I experienced the negative repercussions of fear without recognizing it as the cause. Now when my heart fails me, I speak truth over my life. I am strong and courageous! No weapon formed against me shall prosper! I am a child of God. He has equipped me for every good work! My identity is morphing into a grander reflection of strength.

The essential requirement of God’s people is and will forever be: keep the faith. It takes courage to keep the faith. One must be confident in the promises of God, not intimidated when the storms come.

This is a basic principle that we learned in those early childhood Bible lessons. However, the message feels new to me. I understand it to a new degree. I was made to live above my fears. I was made to completely rely on God without anxiety. It’s a daily battle, but it is a joyous adventure to grow in strength.

I will put my battle armor on daily. I will ignore the enemy. I will recognize intimidation when it rears its ugly head, and chop that head clear off! No more trembling in the dark!

No comments: