Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Grief Beats Heartbreak

I believed heartbreak was the hardest life experience, until my sister passed after a battle with cancer. Now all that time spent crying over that cute boy appears foolish and wasted. The grief I feel for my sister is rarely expressed in tears. The pain is too real to cheapen with the cliché crying fit. My sister is worth more than tears, worth more than words, worth more than grief.
It happened too fast. It happened too fierce. I happened too soon. She was the light of our family, outgoing and accepting. Now my family appears grey. I guess I am writing this to tell all those brokenhearted girls that they should save their tears. The need not waste them on a boy who clearly doesn’t return their affection. They should keep their tears precious, saving them for those who truly deserve them.

No comments: