Search This Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Time




My life is filled to the brim. I have many things pulling at me; I no longer own my time. I am enjoying my investments and the sacrifices that come with them, but I often ache for more time with the Lord. 
During my day, I continue to fellowship with the Spirit; nevertheless, I don't have much opportunity to give Him my full affections and attention. I also find that my current community approaches faith more with the intellect than with swoonings. I am more of a swooner. When we talk about the Christian faith in our class discussions, I feel slightly awkward. Mainly because the discussions of faith are just another discussion about life. For me, whenever I am talking about that glorious Man Jesus, I can only approach the topic with reverence and love sickness. I want to worship; not study. Therefore, whenever we integrate our faith in the classroom, I feel compelled to integrate my love and fainting as well.
Recently, I decided to step away from those clawing, nagging life demands. I entered into sweet, undistracted worship. I was jolted. Suddenly, I remembered why I was fashioned: to worship, to love Him, to gaze on His face, to rest in His presence. God has won my whole being, my entire soul, my mind, my heart, my time.
I want to fight for undistracted devotion. Oh!! I wish I could describe His beauty to the whole world!!! I want them to know  Him!!!

No comments: