Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Holy

but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16 NASB

I believe I am starting to get a handle on this verse. Can the verse stand alone? Does the verse need to be interpreted by the rest of the chapter? I think this may be a verse that can stand alone. It is a verse that doesn't need to be understood by the rest of scripture.
Holiness means set apart, unlike another. People who aspire to be holy often stand apart. They don't blend into their surroundings. They don't need others to define them.
Therefore, this verse can stand alone and still explain its message. Be holy. Pretty straight forward. I doesn't apply to everyone.

No comments: