Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

To Know Him Better





Looking back is a reward. I remember kneeling in a prayer room, begging God to awaken a generation. I was dissatisfied with the expression of Christianity. I knew God was more glorious, and His followers weren't aware of it. Ten years ago, I was restless because His people didn't worship Him in Spirit and truth. They didn't know Him.
I didn't want to judge them or sound sanctimonious. However, my heart ached for them to experience a closer God. I wanted them to know the riches of His love. I knew many of them were unaware that tradition was robbing them of a relationship. I finally made the decision to turn to the prayer room. I couldn't convince them to encounter God with words. I needed the supernatural God to work His miracles and release His Spirit.
God is changing the expression of Christianity. Worship looks very different then it did 10 years ago. I believe my prayers, along with the prayers of the saints, are to blame. It isn't just a different style of worship, it is an answer to my specific prayer!
I hear love songs coupled with songs of glory. I hear Christians talking about encounters, and not just revelation. God is near to them now. He is more than just an epiphany; He is a friend. I know He will come closer, and He will reveal His beauty.
As I see this change, my love for Jesus stirs. I realize how ardent His love is for me. He was beside me as I prayed back then. When I witness the current worship movement, I realize my God is romantic. He heard the inner yearnings of my heart and was faithful to answer those prayers. As I look back, I am astounded by His extravagant and constant love. He came closer to me as well. It is true: He is able to do more than we could ask or imagine. He has captured my gaze and stolen my heart! I am anticipating greater moves of His Spirit!
I would ask that you would also enter the secret place. Ask God to encounter this generation and reveal His love.

No comments: