Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Low on Charisma



I must apologize to you, my cool friends. I want to join you with your savvy. Nonetheless, I am forced to embrace my awkwardness. I have no power to conquer it. I am the Johnny Depp of Hollywood. My hair looks like a porcupine. I carry an aura of bizarre with me. God placed a mantle-of-odd on my bent back.
If given the chance, I would escape my awkwardness in a heartbeat. Alas, this behavioral ailment is not easily cured.
Artist, prophets, and intellectuals are naturally eccentric. I should just accept my silliness as an occupational hazard. However, awkwardness comes with some ugly words: rejection, misunderstood, reviled, strange, and the list continues. 
Eccentricity is a hard trait to embrace. The craving for isolation lingers in the mind. If isolation doesn't work, it is tempting to create a false persona, hoping others will like me.


There is still hope for those who are misplaced.
We are welcomed by God. He is not a snob.


This heinous world promotes beauty and charisma. The first is fleeting and the other is deceptive. (Proverbs 31:30)  Remember, God doesn't regard the opinions of man. Reputation belongs to the Lord. He regards those who are lowly and awkward.

No comments: