Search This Blog

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Leaving Fort Wayne



I am no longer working in Fort Wayne. I wasn't fired. I simply decided to get a job closer to campus. I will no longer be driving into Fort Wayne during the weekend.This burdens my soul. I feel like I am abandoning my community. I know Fort Wayne is my home. I know First Assembly is my church. I know IHOPFW is my family. I know I belong there. However, God is calling me away for a time.
I am leaving during a pivotal time. I witnessed a community of faith break fellowship. I did not expect it. God is asking me to heal these divisions. He is asking me to restore what was broken. To minister to the wounds and clarify the theology. At the same time, He is hiding me. He is protecting me from the pain. My heart is in Fort Wayne, but my mission is in Upland.
Tension remains. I know God is about to do something in Fort Wayne. It may be glorious; it may be terrifying. I want to be a witness. I don't want to miss it. I don't know how to settle my heart.

No comments: