Search This Blog

Friday, October 07, 2011

My Lips are Sealed




Evangelism is a rigorous activity. I have shared the glorious gospel with unbelievers who reject it, as well as mock it. Unbelievers curse the church body and resist the Holy Spirit. I hate to admit it, but I am embittered. Due to the lack of reverence in this skeptical society, I have stopped evangelizing.

This is the season for the harvest. It is my moral duty to share the precious message of Jesus. However, every time I share the Gospel and then witness a rejection of that Gospel, my soul hurts. I am not only speaking about mourning for the hearers’ souls. I also don’t like to witness the trampling of a love that is worth more to me than any other affection.
It is very possible that I am simply not accurately representing Christ. I am willing to accept that the unbelievers’ rejections are due to a wrong representation on my part. My theology might be to blame as well. I think God’s love can draw anyone, without my help. I think Jesus saves the lost, and my “help” matters little.


Matthew 13:44 says, “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.”
I think there are moments to hide what is precious to you. Even Jesus preached in parables so that “though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand” (Matthew 13:12-13). He knew those who would accept Him and those who would reject Him. He is justified in his secrecy; He is worthy. I may not be justified in my secrecy; however, as I said before- evangelism is a rigorous activity.

No comments: