Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Prayer Warrior and Battle Scars

I had a misconception about intercessors. I thought intercessors sat in a room and rocked themselves to sleep through music and recited an occasional intense prayer. However, after commiting myself to prayer, I realized it is indeed a real battle. When you come against strong holds, you encounter real demons. These demons will stop at nothing to break your confidence as a believer: mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Prayer is work. When you contend for a generation drenched in hate, poverty, and hopelessness, you wage war and pay a steep price. I have battle scars: a mind aware of the world's injustices. I have battle scars: a broken brain crying out for sanity in an insane world.

When you come to a prayer meeting, it may seem boring. However, the longer you stay in the presence of God, the more you realize the battle we face is true. The anti-christ spirit is raging more and more. We must be there for our brothers and sisters in their time of need.

No comments: