Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Idolatry

Well I have gone through different emotions. I almost cried and now I am angry. There is a word that haunts Christian circles. The word is opinion. In this confusing world I am either sitting on my butt or changing heaven and earth. I am either speaking in a supernatural language or I am deluding myself. I am radical for Christ or I am in a cult. There are so many concepts on God and it is making my heart ache. I desperately want to know God. I don't want an opinion on who God is. I don't want man's concept of who this beautiful God is. I want to know Him. The knowledge of God is so skewed and blurry in today society. We just accept that everyone has their own version of God and that is the American way. Well, to give it a better term it is idolatry. I am so frustrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree entirely. I also want to know God for who He is and not what other people say He is.

Yehweh Paladin said...

Hey, it's Alex from the point. We talked at the Atz's house about being contemplative. Anyway, I totally agree but I find the best way to know the real God is to ask Him to reveal himself and keep asking Him to do so until He does. And sense our God is infinite in every way then you can never learn everything about Him. It will be an endless, joyful, educational experience.