Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Denying It's Power

One of the most difficult passage in the Bible accuses a majority of believer.

2 Tim 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

God plainly writes that His followers will participate in signs and wonders. I have a difficult time discussing this with other people. It seems people always make excuses or water down the message to avoid looking powerless. The fact remains, a majority of Christians do not operate in such power. The fact is I don't participate in signs and wonders. Actually I really don't have the desire to either. Life would get very complicated if the people I prayed for became healthy. My whole life would change. Still I am left questioning my status in the kingdom. If God considers me His disciple I should have power in at least some of my ventures. I am left puzzled and humbled. There are so many standards in God's word that I don't measure up to. When I take God's word at face value I don't consider myself a true follower of Christ. There are too many obligation that I don't live up to. Awhile back I was praying 5 dangerous prayers. My next on is: God show me where I fall short. I am ready for a long list.

No comments: