Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2024

The Chosen

It took me a few episodes, but once I committed to watching the first season, I found myself hooked on The Chosen. I love how the writers bring the scriptures to life, giving historical context and creating flawed but redeemable characters.

Lately, I find myself fighting against the sin of covetousness. I too want to be an actress in shows that share the Gospel. Additionally, the main actors and actresses in the series are what I would describe as “Hollywood” attractive. The men are rugged and strong. The women are tall and skinny. I’ve been struggling with weight gain and have always felt that my height is far shorter than I would prefer. (I acknowledge that following Christ would cause your body to be both skinny or muscular.)

The remedy to my insecurities might be to meditate on the truth, which teaches us that Christ was attracted to the lowly. Those who felt humbled, weak, and meek.

Despite my spiritual battle with covetousness, I am still a loyal fan of The Chosen series. I loved how Season 4 ended. No spoilers! Ahhhh, I want to shout it from the rooftops, but I’ll let the audience experience it first hand for themselves.

No comments: