Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

Stop Yelling at the Bride

I attended a sermon yesterday and today. Both times I left angry. Church is not about yelling at the congregation. Church is a time of communion and celebration. I get so angry when people yell at me. I allow their venom to trick me into thinking there is something wrong with my relationship with God. But, I am reconciled to Him. I already stand in complete confidence. Perhaps others need to be convicted and reprimanded, but I get so selfish when I am in the presence of God. I want to celebrate the joy and peace He has given me..not be reminded of past failure or potential failure.

I often get angry when church leaders use Adam and Eve as a metaphor for the sinner's life. They don't own Adam and Eve. They don't know Adam and Eve personally. I care very little for the past sins, now that Jesus has ransomed us from separation. Why can't we commune with the Spirit. I suppose since my gift is not teaching, it feels wrong to me. Nevertheless, God calls me to love teachers of the law, so I gritted my teeth and listened to the message. Spent an entire day angry and separated from the body of Christ. It's annoying!

As far as my health is concerned. I am not in control right now. To overcome the fear that my illness might spike, I am avoiding stress and resting in one of my favorite places on campus.

No comments: