Search This Blog

Friday, August 18, 2017

Why Is My Voice Second

It is hard to be a woman and a Christian. Scripture caters to men. I am not anti-scripture. I submit to the teaching, but I will admit it isn't easy. I am constantly rejected by men in ministry. I know a few men who have overcome the seduction of the world: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. These precious men have encountered the Holy Spirit and understand His holiness; therefore, they are forced to treat women with respect. They understand a woman's value is costly. Therefore, when I meet a man who is full of himself and loves his own voice, it irritates me. I know I need to deal with my own offense, so here I am speaking the truth. Men, stop abusing women with your pride and lust. You aren't impressing anyone.
Every night I have to wrestle with my feeling of inadequacy. Thank heaven, I finally fall asleep with peace because Jesus proves Himself faithful. He comes to me and calls me His pearl. He comes to me and tears down every wall. He comes to me and reminds me of who He made me to be. He reminds me that this world has no power over me. Even when the enemy uses violence (sometimes scripture) to belittle me and devalue me, God comes to reveal how this enemy has no hold on me.
Jeremy Riddle and Josh Hawkins are two men that I can call brothers without shame. I want to publicly thank them for their commitment to God. I want to thank them for honoring women. It blows my mind because most of the men I know use God as a means for power.

No comments: